Monday, December 17, 2012

Friday night I sat with my 5 year old in my lap trying to find the words to explain what happened in CT. I told him there were bad people in the world who did bad things and one of these bad people got into a school and hurt a lot of people. I went on to tell him if he ever heard noises at school that scared him to hide. He stopped me at that point and said, "don't worry momma, we have drills for stuff like that."

How sad is it that our children have to practice what to do in these cases. When I was little, our biggest concern was practicing fire drills. I said many prayers over the last few days for those lost, but also for those left behind.

I recently read the book, "To Heaven and Back," by Dr. Mary Neal. In her book she discusses her experience of drowing but said she never felt pain or fear. She believed her soul had left her body before her physical death preventing her from going through those emotions and pain.

I only hope those left behind can find some comfort in knowing their loved ones did not suffer pain or fear, but were being held tightly in the hands of our God.

I know from past experience about questioning God when tragic things happen. Why did He allow this to happen? Why did He save some and not others? The list of questions are endless. It takes a very long time to let go of the anger. The problem is by holding on to the anger, rage and hatred, we've allowed that horrible person to take our lives as well.

It may take years, but eventually you will be able to turn back to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment